Wednesday, May 7, 2008

In Greenville

Well I got here. The immigration stuff went very well. I did have an old grump on the desk but he put me through without any big issue. I have my I-94 card which means I can come and go as I please. In the end it was much easier than I thought it would be. My new (temporary) apartment was a little difficult to find but is clean and spacious. It has everything I need for the next little while, even a pool. I do have a grocery list to pick up a few things once I'm done here. I expect I will have an interesting time adjusting to living as a bachelor for a few weeks. The fellow I will be replacing met me at the airport and delivered me to the apartment. His wife went grocery shopping and got me a few things to start off (bread, lunch meats, milk, cheese). Unfortunately one of the items was a six pack of Pepsi. Oh well, you can't have everything. I'm at the library right now. I can't get a membership just yet but getting on-line was easy enough and will cost me $2 a day. The library is wonderful. There is a great kids section and the computers are plentiful and new. I think Jane and Isabelle are going to really like it. I just hope I can find a nice place to live nearby. I did drive by a few places and already have some notes on houses. The neighbourhoods here in this part of town are nice and there seems to be lots of places for rent. The weather is amazing. Washington/Dulles where I changed flight was nice but here it's warm and sunny. It's not too bad yet but the worst is yet to come. Posts over the next few days could be sporadic and short as I have to use the library computers but I'll try to keep everyone posted. Feel free to write in comments or catch me via Facebook or my Hotmail account.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Glad to hear you got there safely! Exploring already-kudos. The street isn't the same already!