Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Here I Go

It's my last day in Nova Scotia...sort of. I will be back in a few weeks for work but that will be like visiting since I'll have my NAFTA visa that says I'm a Canadian working in the US visiting Canada. Hopefully everything will go well at the border this time and in a few weeks. Today has been about finishing up things. I've been to the banks, the post office, called about power, oil, and phone. I need to call the insurance about the house. I mowed the lawn so Jane wouldn't have to worry about it. And now I have to pack. The trick will be getting just under 50 lbs. of stuff into each of two checked bags and having a carry that on I can manage. All while making sure I have all the right paperwork an documents for the immigration people at the border. The movers have called confirming dates and details. I hope that part of the trip goes well. I never realized how much stuff we have until someone else did an inventory on it. I'm glad the company is paying for this and not me. We did do a serious amount of cleaning up and have simplified our lives a little bit but I still have lots of kayaking gear, camping gear, and tools to deal with. Now it's off to cook dinner for the family and off to another activity with Jane and the Girl. The next entry should be from South Carolina! I think I have internet access in my temporary place so hopefully it won't be too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! Hope it all goes off without a hitch!!

Rhea