Sunday, June 5, 2011

Stick Figures

A while back a friend from work came to the South and noticed what I have noticed since I got here. People like their cars here, but they also like their bumper stickers. Not as much as I like mine, but they do like to make a statment. One of the statements is: "Look at me and see who's in my family."
Well the family units here are as diverse as anywhere. Below is either a normal family of four or mom and dad, a small child with bad hair and what could be an adopted zombie. It depends on your interpretation.
 
Next we have a family of four with a cat. Pretty normal actually. You tend to see a lot of these.
Sometimes things are a little more complicated. This one clearly is missing a dad. You wonder what the story is here.
Of course the families get bigger and bigger. I've seen a few that travel in huge, full sized passenger vans with more car seats and boster seats than I would want to deal with. This one seems to be at six, almost time to upgrade the family car.
Here we have a family plus the dog. Makes me miss Maggie.
Now the ones I really like are the ones I haven't seen too often. Last year we saw one where the Mom clearly had not left the rest of tyhe family on good terms. I wish I had been able to take a picture. It showed the dad and the two kids and the mom's head was actually chopped off. No, it wasn't just missing, it was on the ground next to one of the kids. Her arms and legs were also gone, some of them in the hands of the other family memebers. I can't remember if there was a dog with a bone. I'll leave that to your imagination.

Another one I don't think I have seen (yet) but that I think would raise some eyebrows here is two moms or two dads and some kids. I'm sure it's out there somwhere.

Finally, every now and then you see one with entirely too many cats or dogs. I saw one where there was one "mom" and at least three dogs and five cats. Not exactly my thing but go ahead and express who you are.

In the end my buddy couldn't find a set for him, his wife, and the two boys. We did come accross a set for him after he'd gone home so I bought it for him and delivered it to him on my next trip to Canada. Keep an eye out for it, it's coming to a rear window or a bumper near you.

1 comment:

radotouille said...

it s reminding me to have my new set out.....i am going to draw attention for sure...i did not see any ..yet ! :)