Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A New Discovery

I am not usually a big promoter of commercial products on my blog, but when I like something I'll let everyone know about it. The latest thing that I've discovered (through Jane) is the Coppertone Sport Stick Sunscreen (see the website for coupons). It is essentially a glue stick full of sunscreen. It goes on easily, provides good coverage when you rub it in, and doesn't leave your hands sticky.

©2011 MSD Consumer Care, Inc.

That last point is the key for me. If you canoe, water ski, or kayak like I do, once you put sunscreen on your hands are usually left very slick for a while afterwards. That makes your paddle grip pretty slick too. It's annoying but something I've always put up with since sun protection is not negotiable (see this video if you aren't convinced).

Anyway, this stuff is great and doesn't get all slimy. (Strangely enough, the only con I found is: keep it out of the sun if you can. It gets a little soft in it gets too hot, making harder to control the amount applied.) This is my plug to anyone who doesn't like that slippery feeling. It comes in Kids, Babies, and Sport. All are SPF55. (Even though it is a high SPF rating always remember to apply regularly, especially after being in the water or heavy perspiration.)

Enjoy the sun, safely.

No comments: