Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two Geenland Paddles

A few eeks ago, just as my buddy Mike was finishing up his first Greenland paddle (seen here on his blog), I finished numbers seven and eight. I'm not bragging, quit the contrary, I think once most sea kayakers start making their own gear it's just the beginning. Two that I made were gifts, and the last one was for Isabelle. Here they are side by each.

The close ups below show the stenciled artwork. Mine has the typical Privateers Sea Kayaking Club logo on it. Isabelle's has two of the motifs from here skin on frame kayak. I'm not sure I showed pictures of what the finished kayak looks like beyond the first time she took it out (see here). I may have to get on that.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

So I'm assuming the skull motif is on your paddle, right???