Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

Happy Halloween to all. I hope everyone had a safe time last night whatever you did. At our house things were good but ended early as the rain sent most of the goblins away.

Here is a picture of the kids at Isabelle's school. There was a lion, a police officer, a knight, a ninja, a princess, a pirate, and Darth Vader, and that was just her class.

The class was led by a farmer (who also came with her husband the garden gnome) and a witch.

Later in the evening there was a party at the school. Jane read some stories, we all ate some good food (as usual), and generally had a good time. There was lots of spooky music, a small haunted house, and some running around in the playground with flashlights and glow sticks.

Now, at Halloween I usually don't get dressed up. However, this year it was my turn to take Isabelle out for the trick or treating. Jane stayed home with the other neighbors and Maggie. A little cardboard, a little tape, and some paint and you have a kayak (sort of). I put on some of my gear and went off, halfway expecting rain since it had rained all day. When it finally came I was comfy in my gear although my kayak started to melt. Isabelle ended up using her shield as an umbrella. Here is what I looked like.

Isabelle's costume is partly made form a helmet and shield my father made for me when I was little, along with a knight's costume that Sammy and Peter got in England when they were there visiting. Add a sword from Target and there you go. Off course a knight wouldn't be caught out without her sneakers.

No comments: