Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update from Belfast

I'm sitting in the airport just waiting for my flight. We got here early to make sure everything went smoothly. I can't wait to get home even though I'm certainly not looking forward to the flight. Eight hours is a long time to be in the air. The picture attached is not me at the airport but rather me at the Crown in Belfast. It seems I uploaded the wrong image the other day. That was Jack and David.Wikipedia has a nice little history on the bar. Check it out here.
Other than that the visit here went well. I spent two extra days in the plant and got lots of good information. The weather was the same however, with rain all but one day of the whole trip. I will be changing the way I pack for the next trip here in a month. I need more sweaters and no short sleeved shirts. A nice hat and a scarf, along with some gloves will be along with me too.
We took another trip up the coast yesterday after work. By the coast, I mean the large lake called Loah Neagh that along with the River Bann cuts Northern Ireland in half. It was very much like driving through Cape Breton and going up towards Lake Ainslie and the Margaree River. We ended up at the Glengorm Castle Golf Centre for some supper but the service and food was only OK. The bar named The Pavillion was lovely but they need to work on the food. One the other hand the little place we ate the day before was very nice. The BallyRobin is a traditional English inn near the airport. It had a great menu and the service was excellent. I think we will be returning.

No comments: