Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Offline

Just as quickly as it was installed it was removed. Our cable, Internet, and phone are not working. I tried at the house last night and didn't get anywhere. The company said they would have a repairman out by Wednesday afternoon. I must say that the response time leaves a little to be desired (considering I called Monday evening). For now I'm back in the library-not that I'm complaining-it's a very nice library. (I just had a look at the website and there seems to be some interesting activities for preschoolers on all summer.) Tomorrow is a big day. Jane, Isabelle, Maggie, and Taryn may arrive and the movers are finally scheduled to be at the house to unload and unpack. There were a few delays at the border for our stuff and I must say the driver has been very patient. Jane's crossing seemed to have gone well, although I think there was a long line-up. I haven't spoken to her very much but will be in touch tonight with an ETA for her. She may even get to see the driver from United Van Lines again. The girls did some shopping in New Hampshire and seemed very pleased with themselves. It looks like my Social Security application is finally going through. I was in to the Social Security Administration office today and they said everything is in order. However, that only means that the processing can begin. Hopefully it will go through next week so that I can take care of a few other things that need to be done (like a cell phone and a car). Work has been good. I'm learning lots. The people in the plant are very helpful and friendly. I'm meeting all sorts of people I worked with before who didn't realize I was moving to South Carolina. Tonight is a quick supper and moving some things to the house from the apartment. I've already made several loads so there isn't too much left to go. In the end I have the apartment until Saturday in case the unpacking goes badly and we need a place to stay. The cleaners were supposed to be back in the house today so I'll be doing another inspection tonight. There were a few areas that needed some attention before we move in. Hopefully by this time tomorrow the family will be reunited and somewhat settled in. That reminds me, I need to pick up some refreshments for the movers tomorrow and some basic supplies...

No comments: