Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fixing Up-MacGyver Style

Today I spent some time working on the house (I'm going to stop calling it the new house since it really isn't-read on). I went in and had another look around. I made a list of things I needed and headed of to Lowe's, the big box home improvement place here. Mostly I needed a few light bulbs for the refrigerator and the microwave, but I also got a new propane tank for the barbecue. The MacGyver part comes in because the only tool I have right now is a Leatherman type tool. It sure comes in handy but I'll be happy when my tools get here. The fellow who owns this place must have been pretty busy. I took an few hours and did what I could. All the knobs on the cabinets needed to be tightened. I went around and tightened up all the face plates on the outlets too. Some were practically falling off! (Call me weird but I like things to be tight and in their place). There must be 100 face plates in this house! I took the opportunity to add to the list of things that need to go onto the home inspection list I did with my realtor. There are lots of things in this house that are used. The gas fireplace was also interesting. I've never operated one and it took a few tries to get the pilot lit. I didn't blow anything up so I guess I was successful on all counts. Another great pass time here in America is eating out. Because of this and the fact that I like eating out myself I've started a list of restaurants I've visited. I'm also including a review. I've never been a real connaiseur, but I know what I like. Have a look for the two places I went to this week-Fuddruckers and Flat Rock Grille. The list is down the right side of the Blog. I'll keep the more recent (and maybe the best) ones up and see how it goes.

No comments: