Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hurricane Bill in Nova Scotia

I know this is supposed to be a blog about my adventures but I couldn't resist putting up the photos of Hurricane Bill's antics at Mavillette Beach. I don't see any surfers there but it sure looks like it would ha ve been a good day for it. Between the offshore breeze and the clear skies it looks like it wasn't such a bad day (but I wasn't there). The water looks inviting in some of the pictures but I'm not sure it would have been very warm.

Beautiful blue sky, hardly seems like there was any weather.

High tide at the beach. When the tide is out it's about a kilometer to the water from here.

You can see the clouds in the background. The low ones are left over from Bill while above everything is nice a clear.

A little choppy here and pretty messy from the sand getting churned up close to shore.

This is the most telling picture for me since it shows the tops of the waves being blown back. That means the wind is blowing offshore, making the waves even steeper, perfect for playing in.

Either way I hope everyone fared well through the storm. Nothing like a little bad weather to get your mind of the old daily grind.

No comments: