Thursday, August 20, 2009

BBQ

I know I'm always talking about barbecue and how it's so good in SC but I may not have explained it very well. I'm not talking about just grilling in the backyard, that's not what they call barbecue here, that's cooking out. Not to be confused with eating out, which everyone does a whole lot of too. It's not what you use to cookout here either, that's a grill.

One way to understand it is to watch this video I found on an interesting blog I sometimes read. Here it is.

Now back to current events. Two weeks ago was a week of cleaning and catching up. I essentially got the house ready for the big return. After I flew back to Canada the girls and I drove back to Greenville in about two and a half days. Isabelle spent some time at her Grandmere's in Saulnierville and I think she had the time of her life. The plan was to give Jane a break from being with both Isabelle and Maggie. Maggie also got to be on her own adventure at the "spa" in the Valley. Happy Valley Kennel is not the fanciest place in the Valley but as far as the care goes I think you would have a hard time finding better. It made for a few days of parent/adult time. We really took advantage of it.

I'll explain more in the next post where I will try to debrief on the trip to Canada in more detail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandmere et Pappie sont vraiment content de savoir que Isabelle a passé une belle visite a Saulnierville.