Thursday, August 14, 2008

More of Where to Eat

This is repeat of what I posted in the Where to Eat section of my blog earlier. I decided I'd move it and revamp a few things. Have a look below for newer posts. Ratings: Food*, **, or *** Price$-not so good value, $$ OK for the price, $$$ excellent value Over-all rating:) OK, :) :) Let's go again, :) :) :) I loved it! Fatz-Spartanburg (and all over)-Food **, Price $$$, Overall :) :) Fatz is fast food with a little class. I went for lunch so the review should be taken as such. I had a Fatz classic-Calabash Chicken. It was good and the service was very quick. They have pagers on the table to call the servers if you need anything-and off course bottomless drinks (I love the south for that!) I think it's a good place to have sit down fast-ish food. Two happy faces for now-maybe I'll get there for dinner. Cracker Barrell-Woodruff Rd (or anywhere)-Food ***, Price $$$, Overall :) :) :) OK so the deal was that Taryn wanted grits. Well the best place to have a huge breakfast here in the South is at Cracker Barrel, gritts and all. As they say "Half restaurant, half store, all country!" I think Gisele would really like it. The food was good and just the way you like it. The grits were even good. Isabelle got lots of refills on her orange slices and we all ate too much. I had a country sampler and it had a little of everything, including hash brown casserole. The coffee was even reported as being excellent. It seems to be a tradition down here-and rightly so. The store was also neat with toys and stuff I haven't seen since I was a kid. Two Chefs-Pelham Rd-Food ***, Price $$, Overall :) :) Here's a spot I forgot about. When I was house hunting my Realtor took me here. It was like walking into the Italian Market in the Hydrostones in Halifax-salads and sandwiches to go, pretty desserts, and ready to cook pastas and stuffed whatevers in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I had a roasted potato salad and some Thai noodle, along with a sandwich. It was a little pricey but fresh and delicious. I keep meaning to try out their full service restaurant downtown. The take-out gets two strong happy faces. Fuddruckers-Woodruff Rd-Food **, Price $$, Overall :) Fuddruckers as my sisters can attest to was an interesting experience for us the first time. I think it was in Saskatoon with my Uncle Giles and family. The one here, although I've been twice, does not live up to it's reputation. I was surprised at the cost for one burger and a few fries. I also ended up waiting longer for my food than it took to eat it. On the other hand the burger was good and I did dress it the way I like it. In the end it gets 2 stars out of three because it was "OK" but also gets two $$ for the cost. Overall I'll give it on happy face. Flat Rock Grille-Woodruff Rd-Food **, Price $$, Overall :) :) Flat Rock gets two happy faces because it was fun to be at. I suspect the company helped (fellow Canadians). My only beef (I had the salmon) was that my fish was over cooked and dry, even when I asked for medium. Other than that the staff were great, the calamari was OK, and the barman recommended a great wine (although I can't remember what it was). If you go get the Blue Salad with grilled steak. It was huge and looked much better than what I got.

No comments: