Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ballymena in the Sun

It was another great day in Ballymena today. Lots of rain, some clouds, a little drizzle, and then a brilliant sun after work. It couldn't be more Irish. You see the Irish get all the weather off the ocean and it tends to be wet. It makes the place look lush but it can be a drag after a while. Here is where I am for those of you who don't know.


View Larger Map

I had a big day at work and followed it up with a quick supper in the hotel. After that a walk around town. You see, for all my visits to Northern Ireland I haven't really seen the town in daylight. I always seem to be here in the off-season: fall or winter. Now that the days are longer here is a very little taste of what it looks like.

Also here is my car while I'm here.

Yes, it's an Audi. You see, I've always wanted an Audi, so here was my big chance. It didn't cost anymore but as the lady at the car rental place said:"I think you'll be pleased." I was.

This, on the other hand, is not my car, but it is a cool ride nonetheless.

For a real cool mini-pick up check out the Austin Mini entry here at Wikipedia.

No comments: