Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Little Piece of Nova Scotia

While we were home Jane and I took advantage of some shopping and bought a few things to make home feel more like home. One of the things we bought, four actually, needed some framing before we could put them up.

I inquired at the local hobby/framing shop and found out what I thought we wanted wasn't going to be that expensive. Jane had it done while I was away again in Nova Scotia. When she picked it up it wasn't at all what we thought. Dry mounting here is not the same as home where posters are mounted cleanly on particle board with the edges trimmed just so. Anyway, we decided to get proper frames for the panels and see how it would all turn out. Here is the result.

Recognize the artwork? If not maybe this will help...

...or this might put it in a better light.

If you still don't get it then check out this link.

While I was home last week I had a great meal there whit some friends (that's you Taryn) and a colleague from Northern Ireland. We had a great time. I'll get into some of the details in a future post. I think the restaurant Le Caveau ranks amongst my favorite restaurants in the Valley.

Another beautiful thing that comes from the place mentioned above is the cider. The Stutz brand cider is the best I know of this side of the Atlantic. Anyone coming to visit would do well to bring a few bottles. Here is the logo.

Also on the inside of the label, in the bottle, are some neat "rebel" apple motifs. This is what they look like.

By the way, there are lots of things I will miss about the US when I leave but one of the big ones is the fact that we live where you can buy just about anything on most days of the week. This week's winner is by far Hobby Lobby where we got the posters framed and where you can get anything related to crafts, hobbies, and even home decor. They even have those cool RC rockets that I always wanted as a kid.

1 comment:

JMFS said...

Funny, I couldn't talk you into the winery when we were home :(