Friday, April 10, 2009

Kayak Demo Day and Video Diary

Last weekend Sunrift Adventures had their first Demo Day at Paris Mountain State Park just north of Greenville. They charge a small admission (which goes to the Friends of the Park Foundation) and bring out all sorts of canoes and kayaks for people to try. It's mainly targeted at people who are buying their first boat but I thought I'd check it out (any excuse to paddle). In the end there were few sea kayaks as this part of the state is all about whitewater but at least I didn't have to wait to try them. Here are a few I did paddle. The one below is a Hurricane Tracer 165. It was an interesting boat but felt a little small for me. Another boat I tried was a Wilderness Systems Tempest 165. It was also nice but very different from the P&H Capella I have now. Isabelle and I went to the park here in Orchard Farms the other night. It's finally getting to be warm in the evenings (I'm not boasting, really!) I was so proud of her as she finally figured out how to swing from bar to bar. She's been at it for a while and always wants me to help her. It really is amazing what she can do when she puts her mind to it. She'll be doing all sorts of great stuff at gymnastics in no time.

Below is another video from one of our visits to the Georgia Aquarium. At the end you can see just how big the groupers really get. He was a small one! I recently found that the Ocean Voyager exhibit has a webcam. Have look. If you wait long enough you may get to see one of the four whale sharks.

Below is a video I took of the peace wall in Belfast which separates the Catholic and Protestant parts of town. It is decorated with these incredible murals depicting different events and especially people involved in The Troubles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you find my name on the wall in Belfast??

Sarah