Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow!!!

March 1st and we get our first major snow. Had about 6 inches all together. It was very pretty and made for some neat pictures (I'll get to those soon I hope). I made it into work this morning but the drive was bordering on treacherous. It wasn't so much the roads, they weren't that bad by Nova Scotia standards, but the other drivers were crazy. A trip that usually takes me twenty-five minutes took a good forty minutes, mostly because of following others. The locals seem to either drive way too slow (although I can sympathize a little) or they were flying around as if trying to justify the four wheel drive super-duper SUVs they all drive down here. As I hit the road there was still lots of snow and ice on the road. Since they don't have snow plows here they just let Mother Nature look after things. The ice was mainly from things being packed down by the other drivers because it didn't get that far below freezing. I saw at least peeled out of his subdivision and slammed his new Jetta into a small snowbank). Some were just left outside of subdivisions and on hills. There were also a large number of trees down-some in the road as well. When I did finally get to work there were only four of us there out of about 35. Two Canadians, a New Yorker, and one from Colorado. I ended up leaving a little early to see the damage and get a little time in with Isabelle as I'm off on business trip later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well Paul I always wondered how do they plow the roads/freeways in Greenville with those metal reflectors between the lanes. Now I know they do not.