Friday, February 24, 2012

Isabelle: Guest Blogger

We are back home in South Carolina. The QB (Queen of the Backseat) and I came home since I have a volleyball tournament tomorrow and we want Isabelle to get her clock straight before she starts back at school on Monday. Isabelle will do a swim practice tomorrow and a dive lesson on Sunday. We have homework mostly covered but will review some more later in the weekend (I've got it under control, Mummy). Jane is still in Phoenix for the ARIPEX stamp show and will be back Monday.

Yesterday we went to the zoo in Phoenix. Isabelle took lots of pictures so she is going to do this blog entry this time. Here she goes with very little input from me except to fix a few spelling mistakes (you can blame me for the rest).

My Vacation In Phoenix by: Isabelle Melanson

Yesterday we went to the zoo. It was a really hot day. We saw a lot of animals! There were prairie dogs, amphibians, a bobcat, and three Mexican wolves. My favorite was a small monkey. He was yellowish and brown. He was a common spider monkey. We got to see peacocks and monkeys close up on a trail.

Here are small prairie dogs. They were very cute.

The giraffes were very tall.

Here is my best photo of the tiger. It was really orange and black.


The rhinoceros iguana had a nose that had something like a horn on it.

Here is a zebra that had a lot of stripes.


This turtle had a hard time getting on the log with his two friends.

I'm holding the earth!


After the zoo I went to my Mom's stamp show in Phoenix. She was one of the judges. There were seven judges in all.  It was by our hotel. I was the first kid in the kid's area. There were games, a very old computer with a quiz, colouring sheets, and a poster that you had to find the stamps that went in the right space.

I was sorting the mail into different boxes like a post officer.


I coloured this picture while we were coming back on the second plane.


We ate at an old restaurant from the 90's. There was dough on a plate at the table. It was like Play Dough. I made a snail and a pizza from it. I ate penne with marinara sauce and a meatball. It was very good. Papa says the name of the restaurant is Oregano's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isabelle,
An excellent blog spot and pictures. Thank you.
I particularly like the zebra.
We are looking forward to seeing your Junior Ranger memorabilia.
love Sammy and Peter