Sunday, December 26, 2010

Michelin Children's Christmas Party, Greenville Style

A few weeks ago, literally a few minutes after I got off the plane from Nova Scotia I headed out to the Pavillion for the Michelin Children's Christmas Party. Jane was already there with Isabelle. She brought along my skates and got Isabelle out on the ice.

Despite being up well before daylight I was happy to be home. A few of Isabelle's friends and lots of other kids, parents and grandparents were there to take in the activities.

The main event was the skating, but there was also lots of crafts and other activities. The bouncy toys were very busy, and there were snacks and treats for everyone. There was a huge raffle including some serious prizes. We didn't come away with anything but had a good time. I spent most of my time on the ice but did manage to catch up to some friends and in particular some of the moms and dads from Isabelle's class.

That evening we had some friends over for dinner. Jane had been planning and prepared a few salads. I had managed to arrange a dozen lobster and got them through customs without any issues. Some of our guests had never had lobster straight up and in the shell. I walked them through some of the intricacies of shelling a lobster with nothing more than a kitchen knife and a little elbow grease. In the end a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had that lesson and it is a good one! I haven't had the opportunity to practice much :(
Taryn