Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Coke and a Smile

Here is a look at some of the Christmas lights I got up this year. Of course it wouldn't do to just put them up without trying something a little different. For those of you who know (or remember) there is a house near Port Williams where we used to live that has a beautiful cross on the barn at Christmas time. It is back lit and makes a lovely shadow on the building. I wanted the same effect with some stars. We have this huge space above the garage that we wanted to doctorate so Jane bought the stars, I put them together, and with a little electric ingenuity we have the pictures below. They are unique but the pictures really don't do them justice. My dad has made bigger ones but these were all I could muster with he tools I have. Tonight our friends from home went back to Nova Scotia. It feels kind of empty not having another four year old running around the place. Jane is off to the airport to drop them off. Below is a shot of the BMW Zentrum I mentioned in the last post. I think this is a must see for most visitors and the price is right-it's free! The girls sure had a good time together. Here is another shot of them playing, this time in the Mast General Store downtown. The game was serious. We also got to Georgia to see the Georgia Aquarium and also spent some time in the Olympic Park area nearby.
Just next to the aquarium is the World of Coke. Now I haven't been yet but this weekend they were doing free pictures with Santa. This is what the set-up looked like. It was too cold to be very busy but we did manage to get out picture taken. Unfortunately Isabelle didn't want to have anything to do with the Big Red Elf but Maggie, Jane and I sat with him.Isabelle has written a letter to Santa. Here is a copy below in her own handwriting. For those of you who need help it reads:
Dear Santa,
I have been good this year. For Christmas I was wanting a medical kit for dogs, a pair of binoculars, and some tools like Papa uses. Be careful of my fireplace because it has a glass cover.
Love,
Isabelle
(Please note the letter has already been forwarded to the North Pole and Santa will be dealing with the gifts personally. He doesn't need anyone to help by getting involved with the above mentioned requests.)

1 comment:

Taryn said...

The stars are amazing!!! Great work, guys! And I loved Isabelle's letter to Santa...I hope you made a copy of it before posting to Santa!